Health & Fitness
Optimal State of Structure and Function
Health is the ability of a biological system to acquire, convert, allocate, distribute, and utilize energy with maximum efficiency.
Ways to maximize your health span:
1. Assess - Find out where you stand?
2. Intervene - Implement strategies to intervene where necessary.
3. Maintain - Use tools to maintain optimal health.
Fitness is the ability to carry out daily tasks with vigor and alertness, without undue fatigue, and with ample energy to enjoy leisure-time pursuits and to respond to emergencies.
Components of fitness:
1. Cardiorespiratory endurance
2. Muscular endurance and strength